Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter! St Brigid is finished!!

I can hardly believe it, but it's finally done. Forthwith, the photolog:


Pieces being blocked in front of the fireplace:


blocking1


blocking2


blocking3



My row gauge, as usual, was off, but I was planning for this in a way, and so my St B has a somewhat closer-fitting, less boxy shape than the original design. I'm happy!


The finished product:


stbrigid_finished


On me (note ever-present cat at lower right):



I left off the turtleneck ribbing ... just as well, as even after ordering 8 more skeins of Hebridean 3-Ply from Virtual Yarns, I was still running a bit short. I think the wider neckline is more flattering on me anyway.


I find a certain wonderful symmetry in the fact that on the day I finally reached this goal, another person I admire reached a long-awaited goal as well. Kudos and congratulations to our finest figure-skating artist, Jeff Buttle, on winning his first world championship!


Another goal I reached this month: I premiered a piano concerto. I'm not sure why I haven't been writing about it here, but I guess I've just been spending all my time practising it. I'm wondering if I should start a separate blog for music stuff ... any thoughts?


Anyway, next on the agenda: a Nordic sweater for the lovely young lady in the top picture, from the spring 1997 issue of Interweave Knits. Here's hoping it doesn't take me 3 years to finish this time!!

8 comments:

Marina said...

It looks wonderful! Brava!

A lesser woman/knitter might have thrown the whole thing away ;^) Congratulations on finishing it.

Kathy... said...

OH My! It is just gorgeous. I love the color also....mine is also brown. Congratulations of a great job...it looks lovely on you, the perfect size. I hope mine comes out as nice.

Kathleen said...

beautiful!!

sgeddes said...

Wow, that is a wonderful sweater. Great job.

Johanne said...

I'm so pleased you finished her. It looks great on you. I hope you have lots of wear from her!! Off now to finish mine......... Well done!!

Tigerduck said...

Wow - beautifully knit! It looks fantastic.

Pumpkinmama said...

Gorgeous!! I have this in my Rav queue, but don't have the brain power for it yet, after my Celtic Dreams.

Mika Farron said...

Causing often the attractiveness of the location, Switzerland’s town of Zollikon, famed as Zurich Gold Coast, boast of being one of the most famous and expensive locations in the whole Europe with a inhabitants associated with 12 thousand occupants contributing
asikqq
dewaqq
sumoqq
interqq
pionpoker
rajawaliqq
hobiqq
paito warna
http://192.254.236.33/sumoqq78/
datahk