Monday, August 20, 2007

Anyone for tennis?

I was very fortunate to be able to attend the Rogers Cup singles and doubles finals yesterday in Toronto. Even though I was in the Fan Zone (read: nosebleed seats) I had a very good view of the action.

rogerscup.jpg

I was working on Jaywalker #2 the whole time:

rogerscupjaywalker.jpg

Congrats to Justine Henin, one of my favourite players; Jelena Jankovic, who showed real fight; Ai Sugiyama and Katerina Srebotnik for their first Tour doubles title together; and Cara Black and Liezel Huber, a finely-honed doubles machine!

Claire came home with a cold on Friday and now I'm down with it, but it isn't too bad thanks to Dayquil. I did skip my run ... the first one I've missed in seven weeks, alas. I hope this hiatus won't be nearly as long as the last one.

I did manage to complete a throw pillow, my first ever sewing project to include buttonholes. Again the directions were from the ever-useful Sew Simple magazine. My machine has a super-cool automatic one-step buttonhole feature. Fun times! Zorra graciously agreed to appear in this shot.

buttonpillow.jpg

3 comments:

Marina said...

Ooo, buttonholes, whether sewn or knitted, is not my strong point. The pillow is gorgeous!

Hope you feel better soon!

Heather said...

Hope you feel better soon! Don't worry about not running. I took an week (maybe a little more) break and it wasn't as hard to get back into it as I thought it would.

m said...

That is a fantastic hot air balloon ... sorry, sock in your picture!