Monday, May 14, 2007

Super keen

Now here is a navel-gazing post (literally): my new Keen shoes.

I normally wouldn't post shoes, but the purchase was partially inspired by fellow-blogger Steph, whose commenters pointed out that the Mary Jane style was highly suitable for showing off handknit socks! Also, like her, I have quite wide feet. Thanks for the tip Steph!

Not too much knitting progress to report. I should finish the first Eleanor sock in a couple of days. Plenty of piano-related work is coming my way, and for that I'm very grateful! Also DH bought me a lovely gift for Mother's Day: Volume 1 of the Beethoven piano sonatas in the Henle edition. I already had a couple of other editions, but this was the one I really wanted (I've already been using Vol.2 for a good 20 years now!!)

I have been enjoying listening to early episodes of Cast-On and Lime 'n Violet ... it's fun to follow the progress of the shows.

6 comments:

sgeddes said...

Those shoes look like they wil show off socks well, but they also look very comfortable!

Heather said...

Keen shoes on are my "to get" list for the fall. I have wide feet, too and they look perfect. Plus, showing off handknit socks is always a good thing.

Natalie said...

So cute... If they are comfy too, what a bonus!

Cozy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

Kozy Kitty said...

Great shoes!
C

Kozy Kitty said...

Oops! I forgot!
You've been tagged! Visti my blog: kozykitty.blogspot.com for instructions!