Friday, June 8, 2007

Knitting update

2 repeats done on the back of St. Brigid:















At this rate, I should have the thing done by the time I'm, oh, FIFTY. And this is with only two projects on the needles, people. It's the damned internet. I need to focus ...

I did manage to finish the first Eleanor sock, finally.















I do like how the lacy pattern shows up in the Fleece Artist. Interesting without being over-busy. The second sock is on the needles now ... no 2nd sock syndrome for me.

Another cool thing that happened this week was that I became one of the lucky beta-testers for Ravelry. I am in the illustrious company of Marina and Theresa, among other fabulous knitters and knitbloggers. It's very cool to be able to compare your projects directly with those of others, and to see multiple versions of a project you're contemplating. Major kudos to Jess (frecklegirl) and Casey for this great endeavour.

I've been getting back into sewing on a very small scale, pursuing some of the little projects in the first issue of Sew Simple. My finishing techniques are, predictably, somewhat spotty, but improving. And they don't seem to mar the finished products too much. Next up: a purple pillowcase for my purple-obsessed little princess, some placemats, and some hand-embroidered (!) kitchen towels.

The preshrinking part would be a lot easier, of course, if my dryer was actually pumping heat instead of just air ... but I guess I'm being unconsciously enviro-conscious then, aren't I!

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

I'm going to be the last person in the universe to get my ravelry invite.

Natalie said...

Absolutely lovely knitting! Well done. Also, not to offend anyone, but people need to patient with this ravelry site. There is a giant grumble fest going on on knitty, and I just saw the ravelry letter posted regarding complaints. It will happen when it happens! I can't wait to join you there!

Kathleen said...

I know the feeling about St. B taking forever! I don't know how or why the pattern is suddenly making sense to me. I did Na Craga and couldn't memorize a thing--and it is much simpler! Good for you for only working on two projects! Wow. Looking good. Plug on!