Wednesday, April 4, 2007

St Brigid underway again

I have finally ripped out all of the moth-eaten St Brigid pieces, and started re-swatching with 3.75mm bamboo circulars (Kertzer) with a ball I hadn't used up yet. Tomorrow I'll wash the used yarn and hang it to dry.

I'm getting about a half-stitch wider than the recommended gauge, but I think that will just accommodate my piano butt ;) My row gauge is, as usual, short, but so am I, so that works out OK.

Today I played a song by John Corigliano for the first time: "Christmas at the Cloisters". It's really an excellent piece and I hope I'll have the chance to do more.

3 comments:

LL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LL said...

Hi. I'm from the St. Brigid KAL. So sorry to hear about your first sweater being eaten by moths. I had to gasp and hold my breath for a few seconds.
I just can't stick with my sweater. I always love it when I pick it up again, it's just so hard for me to pick it up.

Johanne said...

I'm from the St Brigid KAL too. but to my shame I still havenot started. I don't know how I would feel to see all my hard work attacked by moths. It has motivated me to fishout my yarn and have a good look at it though. i've had it for some time now. And I may even start it over the Easter break.